LIFE SKILLS | PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT | ACADEMIC SUCCESS
Frequently Asked Questions
A Life Coach…
- Assists you discover that which you really want in life-school and relationships.
- Works with you to be more than you thought you could be on your own.
- Helps you to gain clarity and focus to produce results more quickly.
- Provides you with the tools, support and structure to reach your full potential.
Life Coaching is like consulting. However, in coaching the coach stays with the client in a closer partnership to help implement the new skills, changes and goals, to make sure that they happen.
In consulting the consultant offers more know-how guidance and suggestions. Often sessions are scheduled on as as-needed basis.
Life Coaching is not therapy. Life Coaches don’t work on psychological “problems”or get into the past or deal much with understanding human behavior. That knowledge may come as clients move forward toward personal and professional goals that will give them the life they really want, but it should not be the focus of a coaching relationship.
Life Coaching includes several principles from sports coaching, like teamwork, going for the goal, being your best.Unlike sports coaching, most professional coaching is not competition or win/lose based. LIfe Coaches focus on strengthening their clients’ skills, not on helping them beat the other team. Life Coaches look for win/win solutions.
A best friend is wonderful to have. But is your best friend a professional who you will trust to work with you on the most important aspects of your life and/or business? Have both – a best friend and a coach.
- You want to clean up your life and become a better student, establish better relationships & create a more successful plan in life.
- You want peace, focus and inner strength.
- You want to grow through insight, creativity and understanding.
- You want to create your life on purpose!
- You design and create your life. LIfe Coaching will help you to get through the process.
- You will take yourself and your life more lightly.
- You take more effective and focused actions immediately.
- You stop struggling with what is dragging you down.
- You create momentum so that it’s easier to get results.
- You gain greater clarity and become more content with you life.
LIfe Coaching works for several reasons.
- The synergy between us creates momentum.
- Realistic goals are set — ones that naturally pull you toward your goal rather than goals that require you to push yourself to the goal.
- Teens develop new skills, and these skills translate into deeper peace and a more fulfilling life.
- Online call (E.g. Skype)
- Telephone call
- Online instant messaging
- A location of your choosing if in the Riverside or San Bernardino County
- Face to face counseling in Fontana, CA office
Absolutely! KLS offers online sessions via Skype for clients located outside of the Riverside or San Bernardino County.
KLS approaches each client from a wholistic perspective, including but not limited to:
Life skills training
Setting Personal Goals
See the individual services pages for more details.
That’s a great question. It really depends on the child. Our services at KLS serve 10-18 yrs olds. However, if you notice your child may need help before or after these age groups, don’t hesitate to find a professional who can assist them immediately.
Yes, and for teens, parent engagement and encouragement is key. However, please note that one of the goals of coaching is to foster independence and harness that inner-motivation to transcend adversity. Sometimes, it may not be as beneficial to have a parent attend every session.
Unless stated otherwise, a session is 30-45 minutes long.
Please provide 24 hours’ notice. There may be a cancelation fee if enough notice is not given.
Please contact your insurance provider to advise on coverage levels.
All information is kept completely confidential except when it is mandated by law. For example, but not limited to, when a child is being abused, Dr. Scott is mandated by law to report it.
Each client’s situation differs and therefore takes variable amounts of time to produce a solution. Some clients only need two sessions whereas others may need to come regularly for years.
Life Coaching typically works best with regular visits (either once a week or once every two weeks) until the client is comfortable to be independent. These periods allow the client enough time to act and make a change, but not so long that the client feels alone and unguided when facing new challenges.
Need to talk now? Let's chat!
Don't forget to inquire about our weekly check-in services.